Homegrown works through the power of neighbors who like to grow abundant gardens and food forests, but don’t want to manage a business for it all.
It’s different from listing on Facebook Marketplace or apps like Farmish, which are great if you want to list & manage all of your own inventory, set prices, and handle inquiries from many different buyers.
Homegrown is for small food producers who just want to contribute the fruits of their labor (pun intended), without all the extra work.
Here’s how it works.
👩🌾 Food producers
- Tell us what you have to offer: veggies, fruit, eggs… Any quantity is fine!
- We’ll reply via email to ask you for details about your products.
- We’ll give you a link to schedule a time for pickup (at your location) or drop off (at our location). Whichever you prefer.
- Browse what’s currently available at our markets or online, and place your order anytime!
- Pick up at your local market, or get it delivered to you anywhere in the Phoenix area
- Enjoy the delicious, healthy food with friends and family, knowing it’s from a family like yours :-)
Homegrown handles everything in between, transparently and efficiently.
Our model is still brand-new, and will surely evolve, so follow along to watch us learn and grow in public. 😌
Because we’re handling food, we have a duty to share our process and make sure we’re doing everything as safely as possible.
Long-term, the goal is to document every step. Until that’s done, you can submit questions and information requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.